We take this time to reiterate that although we will do everything we can to make this a safe and successful environment to conduct business we are not responsible for transactions between buyers and sellers. If you think you have been contacted by a fraudulent user or scammer do not reply to their message. Please contact us immediately with their details through the Contact Form.
The most common examples of scam attempts often involve one of the following behaviors:
- An Inquiry from someone far away, often in another country.
- Offering Payment through Western Union, Money Gram, certified/cashier’s check, money order, shipping, escrow service, or a “guarantee.”
- Buyers requesting sellers to send hair while money is in process of transfer. Ask for payment first or if they seem like a genuine buyer then ask for part of the payment as a token of good faith from them.
- Buyers asking for personal/financial details.
- Buyers asking to meet you in person to cut your hair.
Never cut your hair until the payment has been received and confirmed. At least insist on a part of payment to have been made before making the cut. In cases where hair is already cut this is obviously not always an option.